The AIA Pittsburgh’s Young Architects Forum (YAF) seeks to support and encourage young professionals in the field of architecture to obtain their license, become more involved with career development opportunities, and engage allied professionals through collaboration. We continuously seek out new and fresh ideas and the energy and resources to implement them, and have fun doing it.
Sign up for the YAF eNewsletter today to:
- Attend monthly YAF meetings
- RSVP for upcoming events
- Receive information for job postings in the region
- Learn about leadership, scholarship, and volunteering opportunities
- Stay connected to the latest on emerging professional news in Pittsburgh
Connect with @YAFpgh
- 3/16/20 – House Plant
- 3/18/20 – Chair
- 3/20/20 – Lamp
- 3/23/20 – Window
- 3/25/20 – Stair
- 3/27/20 – Door
- 3/30/20 – Breakfast
- 4/1/20 – Lunch
- 4/3/20 – Dinner
- 4/6/20 – A MENTAL MAP OF WHERE YOU LIVE NOW
- 4/8/20 – A MENTAL MAP OF WHERE YOU GREW UP
- 4/10/20 – A MENTAL MAP OF WHERE YOU’VE LIVED BEFORE
- 4/13/20 – Boulevard
- 4/15/20 – Intersection
- 4/17/20 – Sidewalk
- 4/20/20 – 4/24/20 – PLAY CATCH UP FOR ALL THE PAST PROMPTS
If you would like to participate in the challenge but do not have Instagram/Facebook, please email your drawings to YAF@aiapgh.org.
The Young Architects Forum typically meets on the third Tuesday of each month alternating locations with the AIA Pittsburgh Offices and firms around the area. Meetings are open to all. Dates and times are subject to change, check the events calendar for verification. For a full list of upcoming events, please refer to the Young Architects Facebook Page.
In November of 2010, the committee adopted a series of bylaws in order to define officers and their roles and establish a succession of leadership. Intended as a flexible system of guidelines more so than a strict set of rules, the bylaws are open for amendment at any time the committee deems it necessary. Download the current version of YAF bylaws.