The American Institute of Architects (AIA) was founded in 1857 by 13 architects. Now we’re more than 94,000 members strong. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., we have more than 200 chapters around the world.
AIA Pittsburgh, then called the Pittsburgh Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, was founded in 1899 and covers an 11-county region of southwestern Pennsylvania. With approximately 600 members, we are located in Pittsburgh’s downtown Cultural District in the historic Ewarts Building.
The AIA has been advancing the value of architects and architecture for more than 165 years. We are the collective and credible voice of the profession, and help make architects better architects through access to the institute’s resources, knowledge, tools and events.