The American Institute of Architects is made up of nearly 88,000 design professionals at all stages of their careers, and the organization is here to connect you, its members, to top-quality education, business, and career resources, as well as a community deeply engaged in promoting the value of architecture. AIA Pittsburgh would like to highlight some of the resources available here, in the Resource RoundUP, a recurring feature that will breakdown some of the great materials and tools made available to AIA members. This month’s RoundUP will focus on Support, next month we will look at Knowledge, and our final in this three-part series will look at other Resources available that stand alone. And if you’re not a member, now is the perfect time to join. The AIA is currently holding its annual ’15 for 12’ membership drive, in which you receive 15 months of membership for the price of 12. Join today, get connected to your peers, and start taking advantage of all of the resources that AIA membership provides.
- Access a range of expertise through a peer network of nearly 88,000 colleagues.
- Advocacy is one of the most important things we do. Advocacy raises awareness and advances the profession. Public policies enacted through a Government Advocacy legislative agenda help create a more favorable environment in which to pursue your practice and career goals (such as starting a firm).
- Connect with your peers and work as a collective to improve the profession. Join a committee and develop your leadership dexterity, create greater visibility for the profession, and hone your networking skills with local key business leaders and industry professionals.
- Become a licensed architect. Borrow study guides and materials from AIA Pittsburgh’s ARE Library, a benefit available only to AIA members. Register for the ARE Review Series.
- AIA Contract Documents™, the most widely accepted standard form documents in the industry, prepared by the AIA in collaboration with owners, contractors, attorneys, architects, and engineers, are here to help you conduct construction-based business efficiently and effectively, and are available to members at a discount. You can also view Free Documents and Guides, commentaries, comparisons, and other reference materials or access the AIA Contact Document Education & Training Portal – Live Webinars, On-Demand Courses, Podcasts, Articles, and FAQs.
AIA PITTSBURGH COMMITTEES
- Communications Committee
- Continuing Education Committee
- Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- Design Pittsburgh Committee
- Membership Committee
- Revenue Committee
- Young Architects Forum (YAF)
- AIA-MBA Joint Committee