Before You Get Started
Guidance for Residential and Small Commercial Projects:
- How much time and energy are you willing to invest to maintain your home?
- If you are thinking of adding on, what functions/activities will be housed in a new space?
- What do you think the addition/renovation/new home should look like? Do you have strong ideas about design styles?
- How much can you realistically afford to spend?
- Who will be the primary contact for those involved in designing and building your project? (It is good to have one point of contact to prevent confusion and mixed messages.)
- What qualities are you looking for in an architect?
- How much time do you have to be involved in the design and construction process? Do you plan to do any of the work yourself?