Updated June 26, 2020
AIA Pittsburgh is coordinating with AIA National, AIA Pennsylvania, other AIA chapters and partners to provide our members with resources, best practices and timely information to support our community through the COVID-19 response.
We will be updating our COVID-19 Resources and Response page on a regular basis and suggest you bookmark it. We are aware that everyone is getting a lot of emails and want to be thoughtful about how much we send you. That said, we want to provide you with ready access to useful tools and data.
Be sure to stay up to date with AIA Pittsburgh by subscribing to the newsletter, here.
The most important service we can provide is to keep our members safe, healthy and informed. Let us know what you or your firm needs so we can best target our resources to support you.
Committee Meetings: For the time being, all AIA committee meetings will be held via conference call. Committee members will be contacted with call-in information before scheduled meetings.
UPDATED – Reopening the Workplace
- * New: Conducting Layoffs and Furloughs Resulting From COVID-19 Business Impact
- * New: Emergency Paid Sick Leave Enacted
- * New: Temporary FMLA Regulations
- * New: FFCRA Poster_WH1422_Non-Federal
- * New: Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Expanded FMLA Leave Form
- * New: Notice Granting Emergency Paid Sick Leave and_or Expanded FMLA
- *New: LEED Guidance Addresses COVID-19 Reopening Strategies
- *New: AIA National releases NEW COVID-19 Re-opening tools & resources
- *New: AIA Releases Design Strategies for Safer Schools post COVID-19
- Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening Your Workplace
- Safe Return KC Guide
- Re-occupancy Assessment Tool
- Office Remobilization & Safety Guide
AIA National Resources
- Has your project been delayed due to COVID-19? Learn how the AIA documents, including the A201-2017, handle contractor delays and extensions of time.
- Learn whether COVID-19 has affected the architect’s standard of care, and what the architect can do to meet its standard.
- Learn what things to consider when negotiating a new contract during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Learn the basics of mechanic’s liens and other payment options that might be available during COVID-19.
- Learn the most important aspects of the CARES Act, and how the AIA is working to help architects during COVID-19, so you can protect your firm.
- New college graduates can get a free AIA membership for up to 18 months
- Deltek is offering a discount on ERP services.
- AIA’s negotiation resources can help you strike your own deal with current or new partners. The free tab on AIA National’s COVID-19 response page has more offers and discounts.
LEGISLATION & RELIEF
- This frequently updated list shows the architecture activities that may be considered exempt in each state. What local actions is your municipality taking?
- This COVID-19 local action tracker by The National League of Cities and Bloomberg Philanthropies has collected nearly 1,200 policies in 400 cities (and counting).
- The ICC’s Coronavirus Response Center is compiling aggregated information from the ICC, governments, and fire prevention departments from around the world.
- Allegheny County Department of Health
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- UPMC Construction Projects – COVID-19 Response
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) Small Business Loan – available for existing business located within the city
- Community Migration Strategy provided by the City of Pittsburgh Critical Infrastructure Manager
- URA is providing funds for building rehabs and new construction
- Families First Coronavirus Act
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Impacts to Projects UPDATED
- Coronavirus Update – Planning for Resumption
- Life Sustaining Business Frequently Asked Questions
- DOL Accelerates Effective Date
- FAQ Design Professionals and COVID-19
- Practical Employer Guidance on COVID-19
Resources for your office/business:
- An Architect’s Guide to Virtual Practice
- Sample Telecommuting Policy
- Small Firm Exchange
- Straightforward Advice on Preserving Cash Flow
- The AIA Foresight Report and navigating through a recession with new business models
- Three AIA firm leaders offer advice on surviving an economic downturn
Common issues employers and employees face – Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Division
- NCARB Updates Testing Policies Due to COVID-19
- Practice considerations: Manage your architecture firm’s risk in response to COVID-19
- BSA Firms Best Practices Guide for COVID-19
- Bridgeway Capital is offering low-interest emergency loans for small businesses and nonprofits in western Pennsylvania, and free technical assistance in marketing, accounting, legal and business strategy.