Join us at the AIA Pittsburgh Offices. We welcome old and new friends.
We are happy to welcome Marc Mondor, AIA as our guest to discuss the AIA PA Government Affairs Committee and the current items on the agenda ahead of Architects Action Day. Learn more about AIA PA’s major legislative issues and initiatives and how you can get involved.
From its Harrisburg headquarters, AIA Pennsylvania manages state government affairs on behalf of all its members. The Government Affairs Committee, in collaboration with staff, oversees these responsibilities:
- Reviews and monitors state legislative activities
- Develops AIA Pennsylvania’s positions on legislative issues
- Represents AIA Pennsylvania’s interests involving state agencies
- Plans and implements advocacy and communication strategies
- Informs and engages AIA members in government affairs activities (e.g., Architects Action Day)
Check out the AIA PA Website for more information (https://aiapa.org/what-we-do/capitol-advocacy-education/) or contact Amal Mahrouki, Director of Legislative Affairs with questions.
We will also hear from the Design Center regarding new projects and information about earning AXP hours.