Webinar 1: Strategies for Accessible Routes & Site Work (1 hour, 30 minutes)
This webinar takes an extensive look at Requirements 1 & 2 of the Fair Housing Act. Not only will participants learn strategies for creating accessible routes according to the Act, they will strengthen their knowledge of accessible site design.
What is Covered?
- The Fair Housing Act design and construction requirements
- Detailed specifications for Requirements 1 & 2: Accessible Routes
- Site Impracticality and relevant tests that can be applied to ensure compliance
- Types of facilities that are covered and must have an Accessible Route
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Increase your understanding of Fair Housing Act, Requirements 1 & 2, and related guiding principles
- Understand how to design accessible routes in compliance with the Fair Housing Act
- Understand the issues related to site impracticality
- Learn to apply the two site impracticality tests
- Gain strategies and tips for designing attractive accessible routes
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
This program is registered with the American Institute of Architects. Architects will receive up to 1½ continuing education HSW credits.